VERBAL ABUSE SURVIVORS SPEAK OUT
On Relationship and Recovery
By Patricia Evans
Verbal Abuse Survivors
Speak Out draws upon the experience of thousands
and offers courage, wisdom, and information shared
book to order.
Verbal Abuse Survivors Speak Out tells
* How verbal abuse can transition to domestic
violence and battering;
* How abusers control their partner's space, time
* How one’s connection between the inner and outer
——between action and result——disintegrates and how
may then feel paralyzed and unable to act
* The categories of abuse women experience most
* How to recognize other forms of control
* What to watch out for in new relationships
* How to go beyond abusive relationships
* How to look for a therapist
* How to start a support group.
* How to find help: An extensive appendix lists
agencies in every state.
Verbal Abuse Survivors Speak Out presents a
perspective on surviving verbal abuse without
blaming the survivor. This is important because
some uninformed people have claimed that the person
who experiences abuse is somehow at fault for
having been in the presence of an abuser.
Thousands of readers have told me that even when
they know what verbal abuse is, after reading my
first book, The
Verbally Abusive Relationship, they wonder
why they still feel paralyzed, confused,
depressed and all stirred up inside long after
experiencing the abuse. Knowing that they are
not alone, and even that they didn't deserve
it in any way has helped many.